Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up #2!

Hello everyone! This is my second edition of my weekly wrap-up. This week has been a wonderful week! I have been enjoying the beautiful fall weather and working on my latest commissioned painting.

The commission is taking up a lot of my time, but I hope to have it finished next week. I've completed the background at this point and I'm ready to move on to the foreground. It's a dryad piece, so I really pushed myself on the background to create fun textures and foliage effects...something I've never really done before! My customer has purchased full rights to the painting, so unfortunately there will be no prints available, but I hope to be able to show you the final painting when it's all finished.

Unfortunately, due to the commission, I don't have as many things to show you as I did last week. But I still have lots to tell you about!

CILM - Image Packs

CILM (Creative Image Licensing and Management) is a company I'm licensed with for tubed images. For those of you who don't know, tubed images are digital images of my artwork with the backgrounds removed. This allows you to create really fun graphics that you can use on Facebook, Myspace and give to friends as e-cards...all sorts of things!

CILM has released 3 new tube packs of mine and they are all Halloween related images...just in time for the holiday!! These packs are available for only $5 each. You can also buy them individually or buy them all together in a combo pack at a reduce price!







Below is an example of what you can create with these image packs. This is a tag created by the very talented Claire. She has taken my Telsa image and added other lovely elements to create this wonderful piece!



Sabrina Products are Now Available

I also wanted to let you all know that Sabrina products are now available in my Etsy store! Sabrina is a very fun mermaid piece that I told you all about last week. Now you can purchase many different products with her image on them!










 



New Witch Sketch - Naming Contest

I have also finished my latest sketch! She is a really cute witch inside a pumpkin. She's in a pumpkin patch surrounded by jack-o-lanterns, spooky trees, an owl and an adorable kitty. I will be working on this piece after I wrap up my commission.

The most fun thing for you all is that I'm having a naming contest! Every time I finish a sketch, I host a naming contest. Everyone can suggest names (as many as you'd like!) for my new sketch. Meanwhile, I'm usually working on creating what I call the "clean line" version. This is when I take my sketch into Photoshop and clean up the lines using the pen tool. This version then gets transferred onto my watercolor paper. Whenever I post the "clean line" version, I will announce the name I selected! The person who suggested that name will win a 5x7" print of the finished piece.

Feel free to post your names here or you can also visit my Facebook page and post them there.

I hope you all like my new sketch! The original sketch has already been sold, but the original painting will soon be available for purchase as well. I can't wait to start working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment