Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up #3!

Welcome to my 3rd weekly wrap-up! Thanks so much for following along and keeping up to date with everything that's going on my with artwork. This was a wonderful week! It's getting even colder here and the leaves are starting to change into brilliant shades of red, orange and gold. This time of year just makes me so happy! I spent most of my week working on my commissioned piece, but I have several things to tell you about below!

New Stamp Set From Sweet Pea Stamps

Sweet Pea Stamps is the company that licenses my artwork for rubber stamps and they have released my second set! This set includes Arden the forest fairy, Valencia the gothic mermaid, Neva the Christmas angel and Kiandra the harvest mermaid. This set is available for pre-order and guess what...it's on sale! The whole sheet (all four images)is on sale for only $14.50 (regular price is $18.00). The set will begin shipping on November 3rd.

The rubber stamps are sold on one sheet, unmounted. Soon they will be available individually. My first set, Cassia, Telsa, Ryla and Elana are now sold separately as well as together on one sheet.

I just love these rubber stamps! I just got my first sample set in the mail and the quality is amazing. The best thing about these rubber stamps is that you can sell what you make with these! My full angel policy is listed on the Sweet Pea Stamps site.


Dryad Commission

I am all done with my latest painting! This was a commissioned piece from a super sweet client who wanted a dryad. No prints or products will be available of this piece, nor will I be submitting it to any of my licensing companies, but I thought you all might enjoy seeing the finished creation!

This was my first ever dryad. I have been wanting to create one for a long time, but I just haven't been able to find the time, so this was a fantastic opportunity! This was a very challenging piece for me. I try to push myself to try new things on each painting that I create. For this piece I tried out some stippling foliage techniques in the background. I also tried a new wood grain pattern on the tree. The tree terrified me at one point because I didn't think I would be able to pull it off, but in the end I am very happy with how it turned out! I got to a point where it looked good, but wasn't quite there yet, but I was afraid to make anymore changes to it because I had spent hours and hours painting tiny lines. But I finally got brave enough to add some darker colors and I'm so glad that I did! I hope you all enjoy this piece. =)


I also wanted to take this time to tell you all about my commissions! I love doing commissioned pieces, because I think it's so fun to make someone's vision come to life. I create all different sizes (from ACEO all the way up to 11x14) and can also alter the rights of the image to suit your needs. I paint mainly watercolor, but also have experience in acrylic or digital if you prefer those mediums. I have custom paintings listed on my website which are three different basic sizes (ACEO, 5x7 and 8x10). But you can always contact me if you have any questions or if you have something else in mind.


Vacation - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

Lastly, I wanted to let you all know that I will be going on vacation next week!! My husband and I are going to celebrate our one year anniversary (and Halloween) in Orlando, Florida at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! It's probably no surprise from all my witch artwork that I LOVE Harry Potter! I've read the books multiple times and I've watched the movies more times than I can count (mostly when I'm painting!), so to be able to walk around the world of Harry Potter is an opportunity I would never pass up!

That means that I will be putting both my eBay and my Etsy stores on vacation mode starting the morning of Wednesday, October 27th until we return on Monday, November 1st. So if you'd like to purchase anything before then, make sure you do it by Tuesday night! Wednesday will be the last day that I'm shipping, so make sure that you have your payments in by then. Feel free to purchase from my website while I'm gone, but orders will not ship until Tuesday.

I'm sure I will have lots of pictures to share with you all when I get home!! Have a wonderful week and a Happy Halloween everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Well how fun for you guys! How did I miss your anniversary? It can't have been a year already!!!!!! I want to go to Harry Potter in Disneyworld! Did you guys connect with Steve and Beth and get free housing? I would love to hear from you both when you're home again, so call when you have time. Nikki your art and writing and passion about your art is fantastic. I'm hooked...I'll be placing an order soon!
    Love you both. 'Mom' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep these in my mind!

    Cos’รจ il licensing di una marca &Marche Licensed

    ReplyDelete