Tuesday, March 22, 2011

30 Random Facts About Me

I was recently tagged on Facebook to list 30 random facts about me. I had a lot of fun doing it, so I thought I'd share the list here as well!

1. If calories didn't matter, I'd dip pretty much everything in ranch dressing.

2. I never watch the news or read news articles. The only thing I know about current events is reading short headlines on my Yahoo homepage. I've always been the type of person that takes on everyone else's sadness and heartaches. Watching the news will literally disturb me for weeks if I see something that upsets me.

3. I have been a huge gamer my whole life. It all started when I got my Nintendo in 3rd grade. Then I started playing console role playing games when I got my Playstation in high school. Final Fantasy VII was the first one I played. Since then, I got into MMORPGs. I started playing EverQuest and was hooked ever since. I played EverQuest for probably 5 or 6 years. Now my husband and I play World of Warcraft and EverQuest 2 mostly, though we've played many different ones.

4. My husband and I met playing EverQuest. I was a high elf cleric and he was a wood elf rogue...how romantic lol. We talked for months before finally deciding to meet each other. We knew when we met that it was meant to be, but I couldn't stand the thought of having a long distance relationship (he lived in Arizona at the time and I lived in Georgia). So he packed up everything and moved to Georgia to be with me. I couldn't believe that someone would be willing to do something like that for me and I am still thankful to him to this day for making such a sacrifice.

5. I'm afraid of sleeping in a house by myself or being alone at night. On the few occasions my husband has had to go out of town for work, I stayed over my mom's house.

6. Even though I hate being alone at night, I love having time to myself during the day. I love to go to the movies or out to a restaurant by myself.

7. Dealing with the death of my cat Jax was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to cope with. She was gone for a year and half and I still found myself crying over it occasionally. It wasn't until I got my new cat Willow a few months ago that I felt my heart finally mend.

8. I cannot fall asleep at night without either reading a book or watching TV. If I try to just lay there and go to sleep, I will lay there for hours. My mind is constantly running at super fast speed. I have to trick it to turn off by reading or watching a show. And it has to be a show like a documentary. The Universe is my favorite thing to watch while falling asleep.

9. I am a very frugal person and rarely buy something that I don't absolutely need. I haven't bought new clothes in over six months and have worn the same winter shoes for two seasons now and will probably continue to wear them until they fall apart. Flip flops are a whole other story though!

10. Even though I love art, love looking at art and admire so many artists, I don't have a single piece of art hanging on my walls. Actually I have nothing on my walls. I have plenty of artwork and photos to hang up, but I have just never gotten around to doing it.

11. I am probably (ok not probably, I -am-) obsessed with Harry Potter. Not Harry Potter the person, but the whole world of Harry Potter. I love the books, movies, theme park...everything! I have read the books and watched the movies more times than I can count. If I could live in the world of Harry Potter, I would. And my love of painting witches comes more from Harry Potter than anything else.

12. I take turns eating everything on my plate and I will have one bite of everything left on my plate for my last round. Say I'm eating a breakfast platter at IHOP and it has pancakes, hash browns, eggs and bacon. I come up with an order, usually pancakes first, then hash browns, then eggs and then bacon. I take one bite of everything and continue in that manner until I get down to my last bite. And I will have one perfect bite of everything left on the plate! My husband always makes fun of me for it and tries to take my last bite of bacon to screw everything up.

13. I find it really difficult to be brief (as you can see from this list). It always seems to take a lot of words to get across what I mean and even when I use a lot of words, I sometimes feel like my meaning is not getting across. That's why I never got into using Twitter. I could never think of anything to say in the amount of characters you're allowed.

14. I have a big fear of forgetting to pay my bills! I keep a super organized spreadsheet of when my bills are due and put confirmation numbers for all of my payments. I look at it and my bank account all the time to make sure all my bills are taken care of for that month. I don't even have that many bills and don't know why I'm so fearful, but I just am.

15. I hate the sun! Sometimes I think I'm a vampire. But overcast days are my absolute favorite type of days. And if it's raining or thunder storming? Even better! Sunny days actually make me grumpy sometimes.

16. I have absolutely no desire to own a home. It just seems like way too much work to me and with the way the housing market is right now, it makes me not want to even more. Even though I feel like I'm supposed to one day own a home, because that's what normal people do, I just don't want to!

17. I own a teeny tiny two door cranberry Toyota Yaris and it is one of the best things I have ever purchased! I love that it's so small. It almost feels like I'm driving a golf cart. I also only fill up the tank once a month! And I drive probably about 30 minutes or more a day. It's fantastic.

18. Sometimes I think I should be a vegetarian, because certain meat really grosses me out. But I don't think I could give up hamburgers, chicken fingers or pepperoni pizza.

19. I don't ever cook even though I really enjoy it! I just never have time to make anything with how full my days are. Occasionally, I will make a steak dinner for my husband, but usually we survive on frozen meals, sandwiches and tacos and I feel really guilty about it.

20. I have always slept on my right side curled up in a ball. I broke my collar bone on my right side a few years ago and had to learn to sleep on my left side. It was really difficult.

21. I don't like when people buy me flowers. Even though I love looking at flowers, I just really don't like dealing with cut flowers. They always die and shed their petals everywhere. You have to change the water or it gets stinky. My cats try and eat them. It just seems like a lot of money to spend on something that you can only enjoy for a couple days.

22. Me and my husband are homebodies. We don't like parties or going out that much. Our favorite place to be is at home with each other.

23. I am not a big music person. I don't listen to it all that much and it generally gets on my nerves unless I'm in just the right mood to listen to it which is not very often. I'm pretty picky about music too and like a lot of soundtracks like...you guessed it...Harry Potter and I'm also really big into the Twilight series soundtracks. I think they're fantastic. Most of the stuff they play on the radio, I don't really enjoy. There may be a song or two on the radio that I like here or there, but when I find a song I like, I listen to it so much that I get sick of it and don't want to listen to it ever again.

24. I am a HUGE worrier. I worry about literally everything. When I say, type or do something, I always second guess myself and worry that it wasn't the right thing to say, type or do. I feel like I live my life in a constant state of panic and wish that I could be more confident about my actions and not worry all the time. I think that's why I enjoy art so much. When I'm able to paint, it's one of the few times during the day where I can just lose myself and enjoy the here and now.

25. I don't think I could survive without my husband. He is my soul mate and is everything to me. He is my life.

26. Naps are one of my favorite things in the whole world. If I could take a nap every day, I definitely would. My favorite part of taking a nap, is being able to lay down and know that I don't have to do anything for the next few hours (yes, I take long naps lol). Those 15-20 minutes while I'm watching TV, waiting for sleep to take me is absolutely bliss.

27. I cannot stand to sit around without a blanket on my lap. Even during the summer, I make sure the air is low enough so that I can comfortably have a blanket on me at all times.

28. I change into my pajamas the second I get home. It doesn't matter what time of the day it is, but I will put on my comfy fleece pants and sweatshirt. I can't stand being in regular clothes (jeans, sweaters, etc...) when I'm just hanging around at home.

29. I love going out to eat! I enjoy the whole experience of going to a restaurant and having a yummy meal cooked for you while spending time with people that you care about. Then, I love when they clean it all up too! If I wasn't concerned about money or eating healthy, I would eat out every night for sure.

30. I am proud of what I've accomplished so far in my artistic career, but no matter how successful I become I will still feel like I'm not good enough. But I don't think that's a bad thing, because I'm a very stubborn person. That "not good enough feeling", pushes me to become better and better and I think that's how I have been able to accomplish what I've accomplished so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment