Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up #18!

Hi everyone! This past week was an interesting week because I had my wisdom teeth taken out. The dentist has been telling me to get them taken out since I was about 16 years old, but I've put it off until now because I've been terrified! There was really nothing to be afraid of though because it wasn't as bad as I made it out in my head. The worst part for me was the laughing gas they gave you before they put they put you fully asleep. It made me feel like I couldn't breathe. But once I woke up, everything was fine. I had some swelling, but not too much pain...mostly just discomfort. A week and a day has passed and I'm almost back to normal! I have some pain in my jaw when I open my mouth too far, but I'm back on normal food and so glad that they're out!

Now that those are out, I can concentrate on my art once again! Even though I had all that going on, I still have some exciting things to tell you all about. Firstly, I finished a brand new painting, I also created a new sketch for my next painting, Sweet Pea Stamps has released a new set of my rubber stamps and my artwork is now available on fabric transfers as well as fabric patches through Kat's Magical Patches!

New Mermaid Painting - Giselle

I finished up a new painting in the past couple of weeks! Her name is Giselle and she's a beautiful Roman-inspired mermaid. I really enjoyed working on this painting, because it had so many details in it. My favorite part is her hair. I love all the intricate braidwork and flowers in it. I also tried to perfect my hair technique and I think that it's where I want it to be! I found that adding straight black to the shadows really sets everything off and makes the highlights pop.

I also loved the way the columns turned out. I tried a new technique for making them look water stained. I started with tan colors, but then added a very dark purple with a lot of water to make them look like they have been stained over the years. These were also some of the biggest flowers I've painted in a long time. I work in 8x10" size for the most part, so flowers turn out to be teeny tiny. But I made these more of a focal point, so I was actually able to add specific flowers like calla lilies for example.

The original painting of Giselle has been sold and is going to a wonderful home! But, I will soon have prints and products available with her. And, I also still have the original sketch which I will be selling, so be on the lookout for that.



New Mermaid Sketch - Mina

I also created a new sketch this past week which I am SO excited about! I think this will turn out to be one of my favorite paintings that I've done. I've been inspired by tattoo art for a long time, so I finally decided to do a tattoo inspired piece. I loved creating the lighthouse, rope work, anchor, banner, heart, swallow and all the other tattoo... qualities to the piece. I placed the words "Return to Me" in the banner. I thought it was very fitting for the piece, but I'll leave it up to you to create your own story of what that means. =)

I already have a name picked out for this piece. This will be called Mina after the lovely Mina Pike. Mina recently suggested that I needed a Mina mermaid due to the all the flooding in her area lately. I think that the name Mina fits this piece beautifully! I will be working on this piece this coming week. I will definitely finish the linework and hopefully start painting. I will be posting my progress on my fanpage here.



New Rubber Stamp Set Available through Sweet Pea Stamps 

Sweet Pea Stamps has released a new set of my rubber stamps and they are on sale right now!! The new release includes some of my very newest pieces including Vienna, my Valentine's mermaid, Constance, my 2nd steampunk piece and Giselle my newest mermaid! It also includes one of my oldies but goodies, my witch tamer Chandra.

These stamps are originally $19.75, but are currently on sale for $15.50. They are available for preorder right now and will begin shipping May 1st. I have seen these stamps up close and personal and the quality is amazing!! All the details are put into the stamp down to the eyelashes. You will definitely not be disappointed with these! 


View and purchase my new stamp set here.






Kat's Magical Patches - Fabric Transfers and Fabric Patches Now Available


I recently signed a new licensing contract with Kat's Magical Patches which I'm so excited about! This company will create fabric transfers and fabric patches with my artwork on them for you to purchase. You can even sell your finished creations as long as you follow their angel policy on their website. They create the fabric transfers and fabric patches in many different shapes and sizes, so you're sure to find exactly what you would need for your project. Also be sure to join their fanpage on Facebook, because they give out lots of great prizes!


View and purchase my fabric transfers and fabric patches here.




Well, that's it for this week! Next week I hope to work on my new Mina painting. I hope you all have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment