Thursday, July 14, 2011

Art to Last a Lifetime

When you order a print from me, I want you to be confident that you are spending your money on something that will last a lifetime. So, I thought I would take some time to explain the type of ink and the type of paper that I use for my prints.

All of my prints are made by me at home in my studio. I have an Epson Stylus Photo R1900 printer. I am adamant about only using genuine Epson ink cartridges made by the manufacturer. I don't refill my cartridges or use "fake" ink cartridges made to simulate the ones by Epson. Using genuine cartridges is of course much more costly than using simulated ones, but in the long run, it is definitely worth it. I want to be able to guarantee the quality of my prints, ensure that they match the color of my original paintings and feel confident that they will last a very, very long time.

The Epson Stylus Photo R1900 uses UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 Ink. It is an 8 color pigment system that provides greater vibrancy in red and orange tones, richer blues and crisper green tones. They are also advanced micro-encapsulated inks which produce smudge, fade and water resistant prints. The ink not only creates beautiful and vibrant prints, but it is also rated to last up to 150 years on premium matte paper.

I sell my prints in three different sizes: ACEO (2.5"x3.5"), 5x7" and 8x10." I use the same paper for all of my prints. It is a super smooth, ultra bright white, durable matte photo paper. I really like the matte finish so that there is no glare on the artwork when you display them on your walls. The premium matte paper that I use is acid free to prevent any yellowing or disintegration of the paper over time.




Making my own prints at home and shipping them directly to you, allows me to quality check each one of them to ensure that you are getting only the best. Then I package them in acid free, crystal clear cellophane sleeves or bags. The 5x7" and 8x10" prints also have an acid free backing board. When they arrive at your home, I'm confident that they will stay bright and beautiful in your art collection for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment