Saturday, July 2, 2011

Have You Ever Pounced?

For all of us that love Etsy, we all have our favorite ways of browsing I'm sure! My favorite way to browse Etsy is to use the "Pounce" tool. Not only is it fun, but it's a great way to see what's trending on Etsy and see the kinds of things that are actually selling. I use it to make sure I'm up on the trends and to find new supply ideas for products. I also use it to find gifts for birthdays and holidays.

If you've never pounced before, you should definitely give it a try. Just go to www.etsy.com. Click on the "buy" button at the very top left. Then scroll down until you see "Pounce" and click on that. You can choose to pounce either the "Undiscovered" shops which have yet to have their first sale or the "Recently Sold" items. Both choices are a good way to find neat things. After that, just hit "Pounce." It will bring up 3 items. You can keep pouncing and it will keep refreshing the items.

This is my favorite way to browse because it's completely random! You will find all sorts of things that you never thought to search for. And if you want to look at an item or a shop, it opens a new window automatically, so you don't lose your place. It's a great way to spend a few extra minutes here or there.

With all the new avenues to browse Etsy (circles, taste test, etc...), share your favorite way in a comment below! Maybe we can all learn a new way to find our favorite things. =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki!
    My favorite way to browse etsy is by clicking on the "activities"! I'm addicted to it! I love to see what other people in my circle have favorite-ed! lol!
    I love your art! I have some of your aceo prints, bookmark and mirror!
    Annie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie! I haven't tried circles yet. I was wondering why I wasn't getting anyone's updates, but now I see it's because I have no one in my circle. I am in other people's circles, but have no one in mine. I guess that's why I don't see anything in my activity feed? I will have to add some people and see how it goes! Thanks for the tip. And thank you also for your kind words about my art! I'm so glad that you enjoy it. =)

    ReplyDelete