Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Blogging Journey So Far

I set a goal for myself at the beginning of July to blog about my artwork and products more frequently. I felt like I was working so hard at creating new artwork and products, but I just wasn't taking the time to tell everyone about it. What good is doing all that work if no one actually knows about it?

Artists that sell their own art and products fill many different roles: painter, product developer, accountant, inventory controller, shipper, customer service rep and the list goes on and on. When you run your own business and you are the sole employer, you do everything that any other company would do, except one person, you, fulfills every single duty. One role that we need to fill is the dreaded P word...promoter...blah!

The majority of the time, myself included, I find that most artists would prefer to not have to promote their art. We don't really like talking about how great we are and how much you're going to LOVE our art. And sure, in a perfect world, we can hide away in our corners and paint while the promotion fairies find new people to buy our art and products. But the reality of the situation is that if we don't promote our art, no one else surely is. So we have to come out of our comfort zone and talk about our art and show you all the new, cool things we have going on.

So yes, first and foremost I created this blog to tell you more about me and my artwork in hopes that some new people may discover my art and to keep my current fans up to date about what's going on in my world.

That is the primary objective, but I've found that I really like sharing tips and tricks with you all and letting you know a little bit more about me, the person behind the art as well. I've gotten such great feedback about some of the articles I've written so far that I'm going to try my best to keep coming out with new, informative material that may help you in some way.

Have you been enjoying my blog so far? Do you have a certain question about me, my artwork, my products, my techniques or my methods? If so, I'd love to hear it so I can make a list and feature them on upcoming blog posts! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment