Monday, July 18, 2011

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

I think it is so fun to see what people have in their homes. It tells you so much about a person by looking at what they like to have around them. So, I thought I would take some time to tell you about a few favorite things I have in my home that I enjoy looking at often!

Cute Kitty Stained Glass Window Hanging

My uncle bought this for me from someone who was going door to door selling them. I just love it! It's stained glass that you can hang in a window or on a wall. This one has a moon with a cute little orange and PURPLE kitty with a dangling heart. What could be better than a purple kitty on a moon with a heart? Not much!


 2011 Linda Ravenscroft Calendar

I thought it would be fun to start buying a calendar from a fellow fantasy artist every year. This year, I bought a Linda Ravenscroft calendar and I thoroughly enjoy looking at it every day! I have adored Linda's artwork for years. I love all the details that she puts into her pieces and I think the women she paints are beautiful. I love their clothing, hairstyles, eyes...they are just gorgeous!


Trinkets from the Harry Potter Theme Park

My husband and I got to visit the new Harry Potter theme park in Florida back in October of 2010 for our 1st anniversary! I saved many trinkets from the park, but three of my most treasured items are my chocolate frog box, Butterbeer mug and Pumpkin Juice bottle. The chocolate frog has of course been devoured, but I saved the box because it looks exactly like the one from the movies! It's such a cool shape and even had a wizard's card inside. I got Helga Hufflepuff.

One thing I was most looking forward to was trying a Butterbeer! They had several Butterbeer stands and they all had ridiculously long lines. I stood in line for about 30 minutes to get my Butterbeer. While I didn't really enjoy the flavor, it was still a really fun experience and I of course had to save my mug!

And last but not least, my Pumpkin Juice bottle! I was so ecstatic to find this at the theme park. It even has a cute little pumpkin topper on it! They talk about pumpkin juice in the movies and books so often that it was really fun to taste it. I thought it was delicious and I was I had brought home more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment