Thursday, October 6, 2011

Portrait of a Witch #1 - Willow - Congrats to the Winner!

I just wanted to show you the linework for my latest painting and announce the winner of my naming contest! This is my next piece that I will be painting and she is going to be called Portrait of a Witch #1 - Willow. Congratulations to Annie Hagopian for suggesting the name Willow for this piece! I ended up choosing the name Willow, first off because I love the name. I love it so much that it is actually the name of one of my kitties. =) I also think the name fits this piece perfectly with the vines and branches in her hair. So thank you so much for the name Annie! You will receive a 5x7" print of the finished piece. Please contact me at nikki@aurella-art.com to claim your prize! =)

Thank you so much to everyone who participated in my naming contest! I will definitely have more in the future. I love contests and giveaways and do them very often. So just make sure you keep an eye on my blog and my Facebook Page. You can now subscribe to my blog by entering your email address in the top right hand corner. It works kind of like a newsletter subscription. You will receive an email every time I make a new blog post, so you're guaranteed not to miss anything!

Well, I hope you all like the linework. This was done with the pen tool in Photoshop. I create these lines for my rubber stamps that are licensed through Sweet Pea Stamps and also for my coloring pages. I use them for my final painting as well by printing them very lightly on the final watercolor paper. It's a quick and easy way to transfer my linework to my final paper.

I will hopefully start painting Willow very soon. I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment