Thursday, April 12, 2012

My New Mermaid is Called Symphoni! Congratulations to BreAnna!

Thank you so much to everyone who participated in my naming contest for my new mermaid piece! There were so many good suggestions and it was definitely a tough choice.

I decided on the name Symphoni suggested by BreAnna. I don't know if anyone else ever experiences this when they look at a piece of artwork, but I will try my best to put into words what I feel! Sometimes, when I look at a piece of artwork, for lack of better words, it sings to me. It doesn't happen very often and sometimes it's with my artwork or sometimes with another artist's work, but it's just something about it that sings! I think it has something to do with the balance, flow and composition of the piece that almost creates a visual harmony if that makes any sense. I experienced that with this mermaid piece very strongly when I finished it!

So when I saw BreAnna's suggestion and she said it reminds her of the music of the sea, I just knew that Symphoni was the perfect name for this piece. So congratulations BreAnna and thank you for your suggestion! You will receive a 5x7" print of the finished piece. =)

Thanks again to everyone who suggested names! I will be having more naming contests very soon. Actually tomorrow, if I have time, I will be posting another one. So be on the lookout for that!

Also, here is the finished line work for Symphoni! I hope to start painting her sometime next week. =)

3 comments:

  1. Aw yay! Thank you, thank you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations ~ BreAnna! How wonderful to win a piece of Dear Nikki's work. This piece is particularly beautiful, in my humble opinion! ~ .xox. <3 L

    ReplyDelete